This article shows you how to bulk email candidates from a vacancy shortlist.
- From the open Vacancy record, click on the 'Shortlist' tab. To select the candidates who want to include in the bulk email, click the 'Tickbox' to the left of their name. If you wish to select all visible candidates in the shortlist, tick the top 'Tickbox' located in the header row.
- You can select from one of your email templates if you have one set up.
- You can set when to send the email from this drop-down box.
- You can CC and BCC other users if you need to. Enter the subject of your email if it’s not there already.
- You have the option to insert headers, footers (signature), create a read receipt and a reminder from the options.
- You can attach documents from your PC or company documents.
- You can send the email to yourself first to make sure everything is good to go.
- When you’re ready to send the email to everyone, click the 'Send' button and then Close the email editor down.
Please be aware that certain ISP's may have restrictions on how many emails can be sent at any one time.
Chameleon-i only creates the email and passes it to your ISP who will then send it.
If the email is in the Outbox the email will not have gone.
Please note that when sending a bulk email from Chameleon-i you must include an opt-out facility, this is done using the following placeholder [[unsubscribelink.text]].
This is used to give recipients of your emails a link to click where they can opt-out of receiving any further email generated by the Bulk Email facility. Recipients can successfully unsubscribe if they match the email
address on your database.
The correct syntax for the unsubscribe link is [[unsubscribelink.text]] – when the mail is sent this
will be replaced with a hyperlink to the unsubscribe page with your text inserted.
E.g [[unsubscribelink.don't send me any more emails]] will be translated to don't send me any