The hold button allows you to refine the search results returned in a search by holding the results and then entering additional search criteria. Thus providing a search within a search.
Here is an example you could try
- Run a search, we are using a candidate search in this example.
- Your results are displayed in the grid.
- Press the Green 'Hold' button, it will turn Red when pressed.
- Select additional criteria from the first drop-down box for example 'City'.
- Select from the second drop down matching criteria for example 'Starts with'.
- Enter a town in the input box for example 'Guildford'.
- Press 'Go'.
The search will run again and return results from the original candidate search result that now also meet the additional search criteria you entered.